Some of the apps and sites used byto track cryptocurrency gains and losses.
These trackers can collate the information needed to file your taxes on your gains (or losses). Many can even create the tax documents you will need. These trackers make money by selling you the convenience of centralized information for you come tax time. The support for these trackers for DeFi is spotty; newer DEXs and especially new yield farms are less supported.
- Accointing.com – my main portfolio app, does taxes and tax loss harvesting if you pay, full US tax guide on their site
- Koinly.io – I’ve not used but heard good things, full Canada and UK crypto tax guides on their site
- Cointracker.io – first one I tried, couldn’t track staking on Kraken so I left
- Blockfolio – I’ve not used but heard good things, I think you can track stonks in here too?
- Crypto tax calculator – I’ve not used, can do ALL years of back taxes under one purchase as opposed to paying per tax year
DeFi trackers connect directly to your wallet address, can track yield in lending and farming
- Debank – really like their interface - tracks across + Eth Layer 2's xDai, Optimism, Arbitrum, Polygon; BSC, Fantom, OKExChain, HECO, Avalanche, CELO, and Solana coming soon
- Zapper.fi – some gamified aspects, NFTs in contests + for usage
- Apeboard.finance – DeFi hub, tracks MATIC, BSC, + ETH L2's (polygon, Ronin, Arbitrum), SOL, Cosmos, Fantom, Avalanche, and Terra chains no issues
- Instadapp – working to be a one-stop-shop for DeFi for devs and users. Launched gov token INST in summer 2021
View a comparison of several Crypto Trackers.
Get $10 off a paid tax plan with Accointing.com with this Accointing referral code.
Get $20 off a paid tax plan with Koinly.io when you use this Koinly referral code.
Get $10 off a paid tax plan with Cointracker.io with this Cointracker referral code.